Saturday, August 20, 2011

Small Shopping Trip to Walgreens

OK. So I hadn't been shopping at Walgreens in quite some time, simply because the closest one to my house was in a direction I hardly ever take anymore. They recently, however, built one two traffic lights away and another one right next to my husband's job.

Two nights ago I was getting all the kids school supplies ready only to discover that because I always buy more than I need when I find a great sale, I thought I had dry erase markers and I didn't.  I remembered the coupon from a few weeks back for $2 off 2 packs of dry erase markers and immediately went to my coupon binder (yes, I use the binder method) to get it. With coupon in hand and binder as well, just in case, off I went to Walgreens.

When I got there I only found 1 pack of colored dry erase markers, the ones my daughter needed. I was sad because I wouldn't be able to use my coupon and I needed these markers this weekend because I won't have time to get them later. When I looked closely at the package I realized it was the one that has a $3 coupon in the Walgreens August coupon booklet! I got the coupon and was happy that my markers were going to be only $0.99.

With markers and coupon in hand I went off to look around and see if there was anything else I needed worth buying. I found myself in the shampoo section to find that Herbal Essence Shampoo was $3.00. I remembered my coupon for a free Herbal Essence Shampoo and got it right away. The best part about this was that it has $1RR. So I paid $1.48 for both items and got $1RR. That's like getting both items for $0.48! It's the little things that make me so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment