Friday, October 7, 2011

Shopping for Christmas Gifts

As Christmas approaches, I look at every sale I can possibly think of. I compare prices in store and on line. I also keep all receipts. I have been known to buy something at a great price and then walk into a store and find an unadvertised sale where the product is much less, and run back to the previous store to return my purchase. I also use Amazon a lot.

If you use Swagbucks you know those swagbucks accumulate quickly to obtain those $5 Amazon gift cards. If you are not using Swagbucks, you still have time to join and get a good amount of gift cards accumulated for Christmas. Just click here and check it out.

Like I was saying, I love to use Amazon. I go through and look for the items I am interested in. If I find something at a really great price, I buy it right away. If I see something that I think I could find at a better price, I add it to my cart and then save it for later. The great thing about doing this is that any time you go back to Amazon and check your cart, everything you saved for later appears underneath your cart. If anything has increased or decreased in price it will appear across the top of the page. It's a wonderful way to keep track of those continuous changing prices on Amazon.

Another thing I like to do is look for toys where you normally wouldn't. I love looking for toys at supermarkets. Last year my local Shoprite had Sing-a-ma-Jigs for $6. We got them in every color for my son. He loved them! This year they have the Let's Rock Elmo for $49.99.

For clothes I like to wait until the Black Friday deals come out. Most of the time, that Saturday after Black Friday or that same Friday in the afternoon a lot stores have great sales. That whole weekend is great for sales and the wonderful thing now is that most of these sales you can get online. So if you don't like the crowds, you can shop from the comfort of your home. I, however, love the crowds. To me it's all part of the fun of Christmas shopping.

If you have any great tips for saving money on Christmas gifts please leave your comments below. Also, if there is something you are really looking for and can't seem to find a good price leave a comment below or on my facebook page and I will do my best to find the best deal possible. Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment