Monday, January 2, 2012

Starting off the New Year Right

Hello Everyone! The new year has begun and as usual, we are all excited! The new year gives us a chance to make new resolutions and actually stick to them this time. So once again we make the same resolutions: lose / maintain weight, exercise more, eat healthier, spend less... Well, this year I'm not making a giant list of resolutions. I have a couple I would like to stick to like starting a healthy eating regimen and trying to pay off the majority of my debts so I can save more money.

The second one has a high priority for me because we would like to buy a house. So I don't want to become overwhelmed thinking about all the debt we have and how to pay it off in time. Instead, I'm making my own personal timeline (and I encourage you to join me in this endeavour). I have written down how much I owe on each account and my goal will be to pay off the small ones first. Some people like to start off with the larger ones, or the ones with higher interest rates. I believe, however, that a small account can be paid off faster and that will help you get a sense of accomplishment; making it harder to give up. I will be giving myself 2 months to pay off the first one (it's fairly small) and then I will move on to the next one.

I will be sharing my progress with you. Also, if any of you would like to join in, feel free to comment on your progress and what approach you will be taking. We are all here to help each other out.

No comments:

Post a Comment